Opt-out your ID from Ampiri
Section 1: End user information
The information we collect
When you interact with a website or app that uses Ampiri, we may collect information about your device and the ads you view or click. The information we collect includes:
- Information about your device, such as the type and model, manufacturer, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android), carrier name, IP address, mobile browser, applications using Ampiri and the version of such applications, and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or unique device identifier (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer).
- Log information, including the app or website visited, session start/stop time, time zone, language, and network connection type.
- The geolocation of your device (using GPS or other data), when location services have been enabled for the mobile app or website that uses Ampiri.
- Information about ads served, viewed, or clicked on, such as the type of ad, whether you clicked on it, and whether you visited the advertiser’s website or purchased the product or service advertised.
We anonymize certain data points after collection. We may anonymize data by (i) storing truncated IP addresses only and (ii) blurring GPS related information so that only locations at postal code or precinct level may be identified.
How we use the information we collect
We use the information we collect to provide you with Ampiri’s services and to improve Ampiri, including for:
- Serving ads: Allowing publishers to offer advertising inventory in their mobile apps, and advertisers to bid on and fill that inventory.
- Ad reporting and conversions: Reporting to advertisers information about when and how users have been exposed to their ads, clicked on their ads, and reporting to publishers information about when and how ads were shown on their properties and were clicked on.
- Frequency capping: Preventing users from seeing the same ad too many times. Fraud detection and prevention: Identifying invalid clicks (or ad queries) and protecting Ampiri Customers from fraudulent behavior.
- Interest based advertising: Allowing Ampiri to infer interests and serve ads to users based on their app activity and inferred interests.
- GeoTargeting: Where permitted by the user’s device, allowing Ampiri Customers to serve ads based on a user’s location.
- Providing and improving our services: Auditing, researching, and analyzing data in order to maintain, protect, and improve our Services and develop new services, and to ensure that our technologies function properly.
How we share the information we collect
We share the information we collect to provide and improve Ampiri, as follows:
- We share with advertiser information so that they can decide whether to bid on ad inventory or serve an advertisement and choose the best ad for that device. Ampiri Customers are obligated to use the information they receive in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- We share aggregate or non-personally identifiable information about the use of our services with Ampiri Customers. We provide publishers with reports about the types of ads served to their apps.
- We currently use Amazon Web Services, Inc. servers to process your information. You can read about the measures taken by Amazon Web Services, Inc. to protect the security of their servers and your information here.
- We may transfer your information and process it on servers outside your country of residence. If your country of residence is part of the European Economic Area, please note that we will transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area.
Your iOS mobile device may have a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting. On Android mobile devices, your settings may allow you to “Opt out of Interest Based Ads.” As soon as the user has opted out, Ampiri’s server ceases to accept any information that the server has received from the Ampiri SDK i.e. Ampiri ceases to collect any data. When you have opted out using this setting on a device, Ampiri will not use information collected from that device to infer your interests or serve ads based on your inferred interests to that device. Your mobile web browser may also provide a “Do Not Track” browser setting. When you have enabled this setting in your browser, Ampiri will not use mobile web browsing information from that browser to infer your interests or serve ads based on your inferred interests. Ampiri requires its Ampiri Customers to honor opt out preferences using these controls.
You will find further information on how to opt out here.
Privacy practices of Ampiri Customers
Section 2: Data collected from Ampiri Customers and on Ampiri’s Website
Ampiri Customer information
To become an Ampiri Customer, customers may be asked to provide certain information, including name, e-mail address, physical address, or company registration number. Registration information is used to provide the Ampiri services.
Web log information
When you visit our site, Ampiri collects and stores only the following personal information about you: the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access the site, and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the site. Ampiri uses this information for internal purposes only, i.a. to measure the number of visitors, and to help make the site more useful to visitors. When you visit our site, as well as certain third-party web sites on which ad units placed through us may be visualized, so-called “cookies”, i.e. small text files are stored on your computer, featuring the words “glispa” or “glispamedia” or “Ampiri” in the file name. Cookies allow us to analyze the way our site, or third-party web sites are being used by you. The information generated through the cookie may be transmitted to servers located in the US and stored on such servers. The information will be used upon our request to evaluate the way you use our web site or the ad units placed through us, to compile reports on web site activities, and to provide further services in connection with the usage of web sites and the internet. Your abridged IP address will also be used to identify the geographic country or region from which you are accessing our site or third-party sites that feature ad units placed through us. You may prevent your browser from saving cookies by adjusting the settings in your browser software. However, please be advised that in such case, you may not be able to use all functions on our site or on third-party sites to the full extent.
Section 3: General Information
Information sharing and disclosure
We may engage service providers to perform functions and provide services to us and our Ampiri Customers. We may share the information we collect with such service providers subject to confidentiality obligations consistent with this policy, and on the condition that third parties use your information only on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions.
We may disclose information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or court order; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to take action regarding any suspected or actual illegal activities.
Information collected by others
Confidentiality and security
Ampiri has implemented reasonable security measures in order to protect information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Changes to this policy
We may need to amend this policy from time to time in order to address new issues and to reflect changes to our services or the applicable law.